Teriyaki salmon parcels
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
These easy steamed fish parcels with Japanese seasoning are an ideal way to get kids in the kitchen
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 春秋彩票:clear honey
- 1 春秋彩票:garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mirin (optional)
- a little 春秋彩票:sunflower oil
- 300g 春秋彩票:Tenderstem broccoli
- 4 x 100g 春秋彩票:salmon fillets
- 1 small piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks
- a little sesame oil (optional)
- sliced 春秋彩票:spring onions, toasted sesame seeds and cooked rice, to serve
- STEP 1
KIDS: The writing in bold is for you. ADULTS: The rest is for you. Make the sauce and marinade. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy, honey, garlic and mirin and set aside.
- STEP 2
Cut out some squares of foil. Using scissors, cut out 4 squares of foil, each about 30cm square. Brush each piece of foil with a little oil and bring the edges of the foil up a little.
- STEP 3
Fill your parcels. Place a couple of broccoli stems on each one, then sit a salmon fillet on top and scatter over the ginger.
- STEP 4
Spoon over the sauce. Spoon the sauce over each salmon fillet and drizzle with a little sesame oil, if you like.
- STEP 5
Close the parcels. Fold over the edges of the foil together to seal and place the parcels on a baking sheet. Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead.
- STEP 6
Cook the parcels. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Get your child to place the parcels in the oven for 15-20 mins, but ensure an adult removes them, then leave to stand for a few mins. Serve each parcel on a plate and let each person open it themselves. Serve with spring onions and sesame seeds for scattering over, and some rice on the side.