Peanut butter chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
The whole family will love this new, budget chicken dish. Any leftovers freeze well and make a handy lunch
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 春秋彩票:garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 春秋彩票:red chillies, finely sliced (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- 2tsp 春秋彩票:fresh ginger, grated
- 2tbsp 春秋彩票:garam masala
- 100g 春秋彩票:smooth peanut butter
- 400ml 春秋彩票:coconut milk
- 400g 春秋彩票:can chopped tomatoes
- coriander , ½ roughly chopped, ½ leaves picked
- roasted peanuts, to serve
- 春秋彩票:cooked basmati rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches, setting aside once golden. Fry the onion for 8 minutes until softened. Then add the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry in the other 1 tbsp oil for 1 min. Add the garam masala and fry for 1 min more.
- STEP 2
Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk and tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and add the chopped coriander. Cook for 30 mins until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- STEP 3
Serve with the remaining coriander, roasted peanuts and rice, if you like.