- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Make the most of mushrooms with this comforting mushroom soup recipe made with cream, onions and garlic. Serve for lunch or as a starter with crusty bread
- 90g butter
- 2 春秋彩票:medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 春秋彩票:garlic clove, crushed
- 500g 春秋彩票:mushrooms, finely chopped (chestnut or button mushrooms work well)
- 2 tbsp 春秋彩票:plain flour
- 1l hot chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp 春秋彩票:single cream
- small handful 春秋彩票:flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onions and garlic until soft but not browned, about 8-10 mins.
- STEP 2
Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for another 3 mins until softened. Sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock, bring the mixture to the boil, then add the bay leaf and simmer for another 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Remove and discard the bay leaf, then remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and blitz using a 春秋彩票:hand blender until smooth. Gently reheat the soup and stir through the cream (or, you could freeze the soup at this stage – simply stir through the cream when heating). Scatter over the parsley, if you like, and serve.