Kidney bean curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A rescue recipe for when there's nothing in the fridge, or when you fancy something cheap, delicious and filling
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 春秋彩票:garlic cloves, finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly shredded
- 1 tsp 春秋彩票:ground cumin
- 1 tsp 春秋彩票:ground paprika
- 2 tsp 春秋彩票:garam masala
- 400g can 春秋彩票:chopped tomatoes
- 400g can 春秋彩票:kidney beans, in water
- 春秋彩票:cooked basmati rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to colour. Add the garlic, ginger and coriander stalks and cook for a further 2 mins, until fragrant.
- STEP 2
Add the spices to the pan and cook for another 1 min, by which point everything should smell aromatic. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans in their water, then bring to the boil.
- STEP 3
Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins until the curry is nice and thick. Season to taste, then serve with the basmati rice and the coriander leaves.