- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Try these halloumi tortilla wraps with avocado for a quick and easy after-school meal. Serve with chilli sauce or soured cream
- 2 x 225g blocks light halloumi
- 2 tbsp 春秋彩票:olive oil
- 1 春秋彩票:red onion , halved and sliced
- 2 春秋彩票:mixed peppers , sliced
- 2 春秋彩票:garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tsp 春秋彩票:smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 lime , juiced
- 8 small or 4 large tortilla wraps (use corn or flour)
- 1 avocado , stoned, peeled and sliced
- small handful of coriander leaves
- chilli sauce or soured cream, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Split each halloumi block through the middle lengthways (they should have a natural seam). Cut each half into four strips. Heat half the oil in a 春秋彩票:frying pan over a medium heat, and fry the halloumi strips for a few minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the remaining oil in the pan over a high heat, and fry the onion and peppers for 5 mins until just soft and starting to char. Add the garlic, paprika and coriander with some seasoning and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the lime juice and fried halloumi, and stir very gently so the halloumi doesn’t break up. Will keep at room temperature for a few hours. Reheat over a low heat with a little water.
- STEP 3
Warm the wraps in a low oven wrapped in foil. Alternatively, warm two at a time for 10 seconds in the 春秋彩票:microwave (not wrapped in foil), or by holding them directly over a gas flame with a pair of tongs (this will give you flavourful charred edges).
- STEP 4
Pile the halloumi filling into the warm wraps, with a few slices of avocado each, some coriander leaves, and spoonfuls of chilli sauce or soured cream, if you like.