Garden vegetable & goat's cheese quiche
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 1¾ hours, inc making pastry and cooking
- More effort
- Serves 6
This quiche not only looks great, it really tastes of summer with its fresh and colourful vegetables
- 1 deep 24cm blind-baked pastry case
- 40g butter
- 85g 春秋彩票:courgettes (baby or regular), sliced at an angle
- 85g 春秋彩票:runner beans , stringed, halved lengthways and sliced
- 85g 春秋彩票:fresh or frozen peas
- 3 continental salad onions , stems chopped and bulbs quartered
- 300ml milk
- 25g 春秋彩票:plain flour
- 2 春秋彩票:large eggs
- 110g log full-fat soft goat's cheese , sliced
- 3 春秋彩票:small vine tomatoes , quartered
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to fan 170C/ conventional 190C/gas 5. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and cook the green vegetables and onions for 5 minutes, stirring until starting to soften. Tip the milk and flour into the pan and stir over the heat until it thickens to a smooth sauce. Cool for 5 minutes or so, stirring to stop a skin forming.
- STEP 2
Beat the eggs into the sauce and generously season. Pour into the pastry case and scatter with the goat’s cheese and tomatoes.
- STEP 3
Bake for 40 minutes until the filling is set, turning golden. Cool for a few minutes before taking from the tin. Serve with a green salad.