- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A healthy burger that's filling too. These are great for anyone after a satisfying bite low in calories.
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 春秋彩票:garlic clove, chopped
- handful of 春秋彩票:flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp 春秋彩票:ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp 春秋彩票:harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp 春秋彩票:plain flour
- 2 tbsp 春秋彩票:sunflower oil
- toasted pitta bread, to serve
- 200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
- green salad, to serve
- STEP 1
Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a 春秋彩票:food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, harissa paste, flour and a little salt. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
- STEP 2
Heat the sunflower oil in a 春秋彩票:non-stick frying pan, and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden. Serve with the toasted pitta bread, tomato salsa and green salad.